We are currently accepting resumes for a Crew Supervisor. If you meet the below requirements, please send your resume and
references to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Managing/supervising/working with a crew of up to six people;
- General gardening and maintenance – you will be the plant expert on a crew performing regular maintenance visits, as well as more complex install/design jobs;
- Develop and maintain client relationships through face to face meetings with each customer contact at every visit. You will represent our company at each visit;
- Maintain a professional respectful attitude at all times;
- A highly detailed work ethic.
- A passion for gardening and a good sense of humor!
- 3 years+ experience in urban gardening;
- Horticulture Degree or related field;
- Extensive perennial gardening experience;
- Masterful knowledge of NYC plant material, gardening, and plant care (fertilizing, soil preparation, planting, pruning, irrigation/watering, lighting etc);
- Flexible and able to adjust to the varying daily changes;
- Design seasonal plantings creative eye a plus;
- Detail oriented;
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal;
- Excellent leadership skills – great at motivating and keeping a positive attitude;
- Excellent service skills – courteous, friendly and approachable;
- Ability to work independently, as well as, part of a team;
- Experience purchasing plant material from nurseries a plus;
- Physically fit: must be able to lift at least 30lbs on regular basis;
- Drip Irrigation & Outdoor Lighting experience a plus;
- Licensed Pesticide Certificate holder from NYSDEC a major plus.
Compensation & Benefits: Pay is dependent on experience. Benefits include health care, dental, and retirement plan.